9 Golden Tips For Buying Baby Clothing
Many new parents don’t put too much thought when buying baby clothes. Indeed, when preparing their baby’s layette, most parents just head to a baby shop and buy the cutest outfits that catch their eye. However, buying baby clothes can be a challengeable task. Not only do you need to pick clothes that will fit the baby, but you need to consider what is cute on the baby. In addition, you’ll need to do a lot of planning since babies grow fast and outgrow clothes almost as quickly as they fit correctly.
At many times, people who raise babies learn what to look for after a “trial and error” process, so our tips today will make you have more ‘trials’ and less errors. Also, many people, both men and women often find themselves in the situation where they need to buy baby clothes as a gift and have no idea what to get and what to look for.
To help pick the best baby clothes for your little one, here are a few tips on what to look out for when choosing baby clothes.
1.Keep Safety First In Mind.
Babies are tender. A small button, bows or tie may be fatal. Clothes with small pieces may present a choking hazard to babies. This is because the child may be able to remove the bead or other small detachable piece and eat it.
- Cut off any bead, plastic, or any other small pieces that a baby may be able to remove from clothes and choke on.
- Avoid sequins. While sequins might seem cute on a baby, the baby might be able to remove them and wind up eating them.
- Pick fire-safe sleepwear
- Focus on clothes with elastic instead of drawstrings.
- Remove drawstrings from any clothes you may have.
2.Pay Attention to the Fabric.
The softness of fabrics is very important when buying baby clothes. Ultimately, just as you wouldn’t want to wear uncomfortable clothes, babies don’t want to either. Make sure to focus on clothes made out of fabrics you’d want to wear yourself.
Check for tangles options.
Focus on high thread count cotton.
Consider synthetics like polyester.
3.Choose Accessible Clothing.
You’ll discover very quickly that you prefer baby clothes that are easy to put on and remove from the baby. If clothes are hard to change, it’ll frustrate you, take more time, and maybe upset your little friend.
- Try to focus on elastic clothes.
- Avoid clothes with buttons. Instead, opt for Velcro.
- Focus on clothes with removable bottoms.
- Pick baby clothing that allows for easy diaper changes. Dressing baby in layers and two-pieces, rather than one-piece outfits without easy diaper access, are also preferable options.
4.Look for Washable.
Babies need changing regularly, so it comes to no surprise that your washing machine will always be on the go. When choosing baby clothes opt for easy to wash materials over hand wash only garments – this will save you time and effort when getting the next batch of clothing ready for your little one.
- Avoid knits, as you’ll need to hang dry them. In addition, they might pill or degrade quickly if not taken care of.
- Recognize that cotton shrinks when exposed to heat.
Wash wool with cold water and at all costs avoid the dryer. Because of this, wool baby clothes might be a bad choice.
5.Buy Small Amounts.
Whenever buying clothes for a baby, you must always buy small amounts. This is because babies grow fast. You didn’t want to stock up on clothes only to have the baby outgrow them. Good planning and control will wind up saving you a lot of money.
- Buy clothes as you need them.
- Consider buying clothes every other weekend or even once a month. Plan for several weeks at a time, rather than for several months or a whole year.
- When buying larger sized clothes for the future, don’t buy too much at one time either. If you see a great deal, buy a little bit, not a lot.
6.Pick Clothes in Baby’s Size.
Age doesn’t mean much when it comes to baby clothes; different brands size clothing differently. Weight is a better measure and it is listed along with age on many baby clothes.
The following size chart for your reference. The following is standard size chart and is meant to assist you in choosing the correct size of your baby. Please understand that all babies sre unique. If you are uncertain which size to choose we recommend you go with the large size.
The following is a standard size chart and is meant to assist you in choosing the correct size for your baby. Please understand that all babies are unique. If you are uncertain which size to choose we recommend you pick the larger size.
7.Opt One Size Larger.
This is not only because babies grow fast, but so that you can use the outfit longer. As a result, think carefully about purchasing clothes big enough whenever you buy new clothes.
- While at the outset you may not want your baby’s clothes to be too big, you’ll thank yourself when you see a shirt or a pair of jammies lasting double as long as they would have otherwise.
- If you decide to purchase an outfit for when the baby is six months or older, make sure that you take into account what the season will be when the outfit will eventually fit.
8.Purchase Unisex Baby Clothing.
Buying unisex baby clothes is another great way to save money. If you plan on having more children, unisex clothing will allow you to reuse the clothing. The clothes will also have more appeal on the resale market.
- Colors that are considered unisex include yellow, mint green, orange, cream and white.
- Don’t feel obligated to stick to supposed “gender specific” colors. Clothe the baby in whatever you think is appropriate or in what the baby seems to prefer.
Most all jimmies and onesies can be unisex.
9.Buy Out-of-Season Clothes.
Save money by purchasing baby clothes at the end of the season for the following year. While it might take a lot of planning, because you’ll have to account for the age of the baby at a given time of the year, you’ll wind up saving a lot of money.
- Carefully consider your baby’s size and age at the time.
- As the summer season comes to an end, consider purchasing next year’s summer clothing for the baby. Do the same at the end of winter. You can save a substantial amount of money when purchasing from end of season clearance items.
- Just like with buying in-season clothes make sure that you buy large to provide extra space for unexpected growth.
Yaroad is a baby clothing manufacturing company. If you want to know more about us and clothing information. Please click our website:www.yaroad.com
Know about fabric know how about sport clothing, improve your ability to choose right outdoor clothing.