Relationship Between Polyester Fiber And Polyester
Not all polyester is called polyester fiber. On January 1, 2010, GB/T 4146.1-2009 “Textile Chemical Fiber Part 1: Generic Name” was officially implemented.
What followed was that most of the test reports issued by the testing agencies began to replace“polyester”with “polyester fiber”, which caused concern and puzzled by the company – “Is polyester fiber not polyester?”
Polyester is easy to obtain because of its raw materials, and its performance is excellent. It has become the largest and most widely used fiber in chemical fiber. It is precisely because of this that people mistakenly believe that polyester fiber is polyester, but in recent years, with With the improvement of fiber production technology, polyester fiber has newly added two members of PBT and PTT.
PTT fiber combines the characteristics of polyester and nylon. It is easy to wash and dry, has good elastic recovery, and has good wear resistance and tensile recovery. It is more suitable for making composite fiber, elastic fabric, carpet and other materials. In addition to the advantages of polyester, PBT fiber has better dyeing properties and has become one of the promising differentiated fibers in the field of synthetic fibers. In addition, it has good aging resistance, chemical resistance and heat resistance. Sex, which makes it widely used in engineering plastics, home appliance casings and other fields. The emergence of these two new types of polyester fiber not only broke the monopoly of polyester fiber, but may even replace it within a certain range.
With the advent of PTT fibers and PBT fibers, polyester fibers are no longer exclusive to polyester. However, in the actual test, since the three kinds of fibers are difficult to distinguish by an ordinary method, in theory, it can be identified by combining infrared spectroscopy and melting point methods, but the identification process is also difficult. Therefore, according to the standard GB/T 4146.1-2009, the “polyester fiber” report will be issued in general, only if the request is clearly requested and the sample can be determined to be“polyethylene terephthalate (PET). The testing agency can only be made into “polyester”.
Polyester, the most important synthetic fiber in textile fiber raw materials, is esterified or trans esterified with terephthalic acid (PTA) or dimethyl terephthalate (DMT) and ethylene glycol (EG). A polymer produced by a polycondensation reaction, polyethylene terephthalate (PET), a fiber produced by spinning and post-treatment.
Advantages and disadvantages of polyester:
- high strength. The short fiber strength is 2.6-5.7 cN/dtex, and the high strength fiber is 5.6-8.0 cN/dtex.
- Good elasticity. The elasticity is close to that of wool, and when it is stretched by 5% to 6%, it can be almost completely recovered. The wrinkle resistance is superior to other fibers, that is, the fabric is not wrinkled, and the dimensional stability is good.
- Heat resistance. Polyester has a relatively high melting point and heat resistance is the best in synthetic fabrics.
- Good thermoplasticity and poor resistance to melting. It has thermoplasticity, and the pleated skirt pleats can last for a long time, but the smelting resistance is poor. It is easy to form holes in the case of soot and Mars. Avoid wearing contact with cigarette butts, sparks, etc. when wearing.
- Good wear resistance. Synthetic fiber is second only to nylon.
- Good light resistance. Synthetic fiber is second only to acrylic fiber.
- preservative. Resistant to bleaches, oxidants, hydrocarbons, ketones, petroleum products and inorganic acids. Resistant to dilute alkali, not afraid of mildew, but hot alkali can make it decompose. There is also strong acid and alkali resistance and UV resistance.
- Good color fastness and not easy to fade.
- Poor hygroscopicity, wearing a stuffy heat, easy to bring static electricity, easy to stain dust, easy to pilling.
- Fast drying and good washability.
Classification of polyester
1. Polyester artificial silk fabric, polyester fabric with silk appearance style woven from round or special-shaped polyester filament yarn or short-fiber yarn, which has the advantages of anti-wrinkle and non-ironing.
These varieties have silky drape, smooth, soft and pleasing to the eye. At the same time, they are also made of polyester fabric, which are crisp, wear-resistant, easy to wash, and non-iron. At the same time, the price is low. The fly in the ointment is that these fabrics have poor moisture permeability and wear. Not too cool.
2. Polyester wool-like fabric, which is made of polyester filament yarn such as polyester elastic yarn, polyester mesh yarn or various special-shaped polyester yarn, or medium-long polyester staple fiber mixed with medium-long viscose or medium-length acrylic fiber. Wool-style fabrics woven into yarns, called worsted wool fabrics and medium-length wool fabrics, are less expensive than similar wool fabrics.
It has the characteristics of fluffy hand, fullness, fluffiness and elasticity. It also has the characteristics of strong and durable polyester, easy to wash and dry, flat and crisp, not easy to deform, not easy to fluff, and difficult to pilling.
3, polyester imitation linen fabric, polyester or polyester / sticky strong crepe woven into plain or embossed tissue fabric, with the dry feel and appearance of linen fabric. Not only the appearance is rough, the hand feels dry, and it is comfortable and cool to wear. Therefore, it is very suitable for the production of summer shirts and skirts.
4, polyester imitation cotton fabric, with cotton-like soft fluffy feel and hydrophilic moisture absorption characteristics, but also polyester fabric wear resistance, high strength, easy to wash, non-iron, and low price. Currently used in bedding, T-shirts, towels, etc.
5. Polyester blended fabrics, in addition to woven pure polyester fabrics, there are many blended or interwoven products with various textile fibers to make up for the lack of pure polyester fabrics and to exert better performance.